We are looking for an exceptionally analytical and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Financial Controller. In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Finance and the Director of IBBHC, and be responsible for overseeing the financial planning and budgeting process for IBB Hotels, with additional responsibilities in treasury management.
In addition, as the Financial Controller, you will be required to travel to the various IBB Hotels to conduct on-site analysis and assessments. This will be essential to ensure accurate financial reporting and to identify any potential areas for improvement or cost savings.
• Develop and manage the budgeting and forecasting process of the hotels, including the consolidation of the budgets and forecasts, in collaboration with the finance teams across the Group and senior management.
• Responsible for the Procurement and Expenses Process ensuring compliance with the Procurement and Expenses Policies including the review and approval of purchase requisitions, travel requests and expenses and tracking them against approved budgets.
• Perform detailed reviews and analyses of the financial results of the individual hotels and at the consolidated level, including period-over-period comparisons as well as against budgets, ensuring costs are posted to the correct budget lines, investigate significant and unexpected fluctuations and variances, provide insights, and identify cost areas for improvement.
• Analyse and summarise budget trends, deficiencies and variances and reporting to management.
• Recommend solutions and actions for the identified areas for improvement, propose changes to policies and procedures and then monitor implementation thereof.
• Conduct routine and surprise inspections of the accounting and related processes ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Monitor cash flows, cash position and liquidity of the companies within the Group, including cash forecasting, cash pooling, controlling payments and suggest funding requirements.
• Monitor receivables and follow-up collections thereof with the finance personnel of the subsidiaries.
• Track reconciliation of balances with group companies
• Assist on fund procurement through banks and other financial institutions.
• Conduct regular Monthly finance meetings with hotels and finance teams per country.
• Ad hoc tasks as required related to the role.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following qualifications and skills:
• A qualified accountant with at least 5 years of experience in the accountancy field, preferably with experience in financial planning and controlling within the hotel industry.
• High proficiency in MS Office, particularly in Excel.
• Experience working with PMS (Property Management Systems), and knowledge of Optima will be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to accurately analyze financial data, identify trends, and make informed recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with fluency in English.
If you meet these qualifications and possess these skills, we encourage you to apply for the Financial Controller position.